IMPORTANT COLLEGE NEW MEDIA DEPARTMENT BUZZWORDS
using these buzzwords will really make you seem like you're "with it"
- •"establishing a hierarchy"or if you're critiquing a design, the first thing you should say is that a "hierarchy wasn't established"
- •"aesthetic"you dont even have to know what this word means, you just have to use it. ex: i like that aesthetic
- •"serif" and "sans serif"serif fonts are the ones you're not allowed to use in the UGA New Media Department because in the future there will only be sans serif fonts.
- •"social media"the website you're designing is really only just a url to place on your social media profile
- •"iphone app"if you dont know what to do with your idea or product just conceptually tie it to an iphone app
- •"drones"are private drones just basically a way to market expensive RC helicopters to wealthy 20 somethings??
- •"apple watch"or alternatively, "new apple watch"
- •"design thinking"when you're designing something for someone, dont ask them questions about the design itself, but rather non-sequiturs such as "if you were a fruit, what would you be?", "favorite fast-casual restaurant", and the most important: "what's your favorite drake song?"
- •"drake"you can have a conversation with any stranger you meet about two things: the weather and drake