A list of things I want to scream to the men of NYC, and well, everywhere else.
Stop. Stop talking. Stop existing. Stop everything. I'd say "please", but I'm done being polite.
- •I don't care if you hate my hair.I don't care if you think it's weird or unnatural or unflattering or horrible or WHATEVER, because I didn't ask for your opinion.
- •I don't care if you hate my lipstick.I own about twenty reds, several purples, some greens and even a black. I don't care if you think they're excessive, because I didn't ask for your opinion.
- •I don't care if you hate my clothes.And telling me my style is "surprisingly trendy/edgy/loud/etc" for my body type is a backhanded compliment at its finest. I work in fashion, I like to experiment with looks, sometimes it gets weird, and I didn't ask for your opinion. All that matters is I'M having fun.
- •I REALLY don't care if you hate my body.I would not be "prettier if I lost some weight", you would just be more attracted to me. I'm comfortable in my own skin, perfectly healthy, and I didn't ask for your opinion.
- •No, I won't fucking smile.I'm usually pissy as is, so just imagine how I feel having some stranger call out to me while I'm just trying to get somewhere. I don't care if you think I look like a "bitch" or, my personal favorite, a "serial killer." Maybe I'm both. I can be like Dexter Morgan, except I only murder guys like you.
- •I don't color my hair for you.
- •I don't do my makeup for you.
- •I don't choose my clothes for you.
- •I don't dictate my body for you.
- •I don't do anything FOR you.
- •It's all for ME.My face, my body, my life. None of that involves the consideration of what you and your penis think. Let a girl live.
- •Because I didn't ask for your fucking opinion.
- •Oh, and I prefer women anyway. So, your loss.