I lost a part of myself today
- •I had to put down my cat, Cleo, today
- •She was 16 and had been fighting kidney disease for almost three years.
- •She was my little trooper and was such a good patient. So easy to give a pill and took her 3x weekly sub q fluids like a champI think most cat parents would say giving a cat a pill is one of the hardest things in the world!
- •I got her and her sister when they were just kittens. They were a wedding present from one of my best friends. The marriage lasted six months; the girls stole my heart forever.
- •Cleo was a silly kitty. She walked around like a linebacker, went crazy for frosting and watermelon, and sat in the cutest positions.
- •Every morning she would wake me up by sticking her nose in my ear and breathe into it while purring. It was the cutest thing ever.
- •I've lost pets before, childhood pets that passed away when I was in college, but my girls are my first pets as an adult and are my pride and joy.
- •I know I did the right thing today, but it doesn't make it any easier.
- •Rest in peace my sweet girl, I will love you for always.