Evidence That I Have A Bloated Sense Of [Do-It-Your] Self-Confidence
Each time we found a house that we thought might work but needed a little love, I would check Pinterest to see if there was a tutorial that I could fix it myself. (I may have an overblown sense of DIY confidence.) The house we landed on is perfectly move-in ready and I am a teeny bit disappointed not to get to prove my skills.
- •Stain or paint banistersEasy-peasy and so dramatic!
- •Paint a two-story wallYou can rent really tall ladder, right?
- •Remove wallpaperYeah. I've removed wallpaper before. There is no easy way. It's the worst.
- •Paint bathroom tileYou can! Turns out you need a ventilating mask and not to live in your house for a few days as every review I read mentioned that the fumes were awful.
- •Cover bathroom tile with beadboardIn case the tile painting went badly.
- •Whitewash a brick fireplace and build a mantleSeems pretty straight forward.
- •Put up crown moldingI'm good at math. Just need to buy a mitre saw and then I can make my own picture frames, too.
- •Build shelves in a closetThis always made me think of BBC Pride & Prejudice with "Shelves in the closet. Happy thought indeed." I think Lady Catherine DeBurgh would approve.
- •Decorate a weird space that was something between an entryway and a living roomI'm sure mine would look just like this!
- •Decorate a really tall wallI'm still not sure about this one.