Locking His Rate
- •We have had the flu this week—my daughter first, then my son and me.
- •We have endured high fevers, lethargy, coughing, sore throats,
- •and one of us barfed up spaghetti (my son)
- •and one of us cleaned up blobs of spaghetti barf (me).
- •We have lived in PJs and watched a lot of movies.
- •This morning, our son asked his dad what day it was.
- •When told it was Saturday, he asked his dad, since we three had been sick all week, if we could stay home from church tomorrow.
- •My husband laughed when he told me about this, that our son was trying to "lock his rate."
- •Clever little sick kid.