The Holy Donut and Other Vacation Eats
These are some of the more List-worthy eats from our autumn road trip north. Thanks for asking, @andersun!😊 (I borrowed a few of these pics from the Internet. I'll own mine.)
- •J. Timothy's Tavern in Hartford, CTThey have THE BEST wing sauce in the nation! Food Network declared it and we couldn't agree more! I was a little skeptical (how can you KNOW it's the best?!?) and we are believers! We bought some sauce to take home. This was my favorite meal of our trip and it was our first. (📷me)
- •Cutty's in BostonRoast Beef 1000 all the way, baby!!! (📷me)
- •Cafe Twelve in Chelmsford, MAWe ate brunch here. Cory's Eggs Benedict was delish and I got an autumn wrap (turkey, dried cranberries, sliced apples, goat cheese) and it was yummy.
- •Boston Burger Company in Somerville, MAI got the Hot Mess Burger and Cory got the Mac Attack Burger. There was a 45 minute wait for take out and it was totally worth it!
- •J. P. Licks in Somerville, MADelicious ice cream
- •Jeannie's Great Maine Breakfast in Bar Harbor, METhey had stuffed brioche French toast and I showed great restraint getting an eggs and bacon breakfast so I didn't have a diabetic coma on our day in Acadia National Park. Their homemade toast and strawberry rhubarb jam was awesome! We bought some jam to bring home.
- •Gosselin's Bakery in Bangor, MEWe got a later start and got to this very bare shop after their rush. The choices were plain glazed yeast donuts and cake donuts. We each got a glazed donut and after one bite in the car, I ran back inside the shop to buy a few more. Amazing donuts!
- •Sweet Frogs in Bangor, METhis is a frozen yogurt shop and part of a chain we visited when we lived in Naples, FL. The kids love it and were happy to revisit it.
- •The Gahan House in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CanadaWe arrived late and they were sweet to us with our kids. I had fish and chips and Cory had a pulled pork sandwich and the food was delicious! Our hostess was so polite and helpful. She gave great recommendations about places to visit.
- •The Brickhouse in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CanadaLobster mac & cheese and buttermilk breaded chicken sandwich with jalapeño slaw and tomato jam was so good!
- •The Gahan House was on the right side of the street and the Brickhouse was on the left.
- •The Kettle Black in Charlottetown, Prince Edward IslandYummy breakfast sandwiches
- •Tim Horton'sMaple French toast bagel😍
- •Cow's Creamery in Charlottetown, Prince Edward IslandYummy ice cream and cute t-shirts. We are the little people by the cow.
- •A1 Diner in Gardiner, MEI had a turkey, Brie, and apple butter sandwich and Cory had a roast beef sandwich on a pretzel bun with horseradish sauce. This was a favorite meal of our trip.
- •The Holy Donut in Portland, MEWe tried sweet potato ginger, maple bacon, dark chocolate sea salt, dark chocolate coconut and they were all amazing! Here we are moments before a very real sugar buzz!