The Weirdest Things I've Seen While People-Watching at Disney World
Anytime you have a cross-section of humanity in such close quarters, you are bound to see some odd stuff. Add the heat, food, and theme-park music and it is elevated. Nothing disastrous. Just a little odd.
- •A man walking out of the men's room with a drink in one hand and a turkey leg in the other.I just kept repeating "How?... How?"
- •An elderly woman, easily in her 80s and in a wheelchair, wearing a pink baby doll cap-sleeve shirt with the word "POOP" written on it in 80s retro font.Maybe she looked down at it and thought it said "boob." No idea.
- •My 2-year-old son (who I watched more avidly than I watched others) pulling off his shoe in the Haunted Mansion and dropping it out of the "doom buggy."Just to see what would happen, I guess. Two.
- •A boy about 12 turning away from the direction thousands of others were facing to face me and gawk while I discreetly nursed my baby daughter during a parade (I was behind the crowd facing away from me).Not a master of subtlety, little creep. I yelled at him to turn around and watch the parade.
- •A girl scratching a bum-itch inside her pants and underpants, checking her nails, and cleaning them with her teeth. The girl seemed to have some problems and I don't mean to belittle or shame her, though it was arresting to see. What amazed me was that no one else seemed to see this happen in a huge crowd of people.Just a run-of-the-mill Disney day.