Things I Overheard in an Obscure Convenience Store's Bathroom on a Road Trip through Nevada
I was in a stall for the whole of this exchange and (gratefully) never saw either of the speakers.
- •GIRL WHO BARGED INTO THE BATHROOM, LOUDLY: Mom? Mom? Mom?
- •WOMAN IN NEARBY STALL, WHO WAS IN THE STALL WHEN I CAME IN: Hmmm?
- •GIRL, EXASPERATED, WHINY, AND TALKING FAST: Mom, why are you taking so long?!? Dad said I have to ask you. There's some candy I want. He says it's too much but it only comes in the big size and also there's a coloring book and if Brian gets one it's not fair if I don't get one, too. We're hot and ready to go and I just...
- •GIRL, EVEN MORE EXASPERATED AND LOUD: Mom, why are you taking so looooong?!?
- •(UNMISTAKABLE SOUNDS OF DIARRHEA)
- •WOMAN (GRUNTING): Mmmmmmommy's tummy hurts.