ACROSS THE UNIVERSE: PLANETS OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM, RANKED
This list was inspired by Sleeping At Last's songs about the solar system (should that be capitalized? I don't know)
- •SaturnSaturn has always been my favorite. Back in the day, it was because I thought it was pretty, but now I think it seems mysterious, which appeals to me.
- •NeptuneI think of Neptune as being cold and lonely, like if it were a human, it would be closed off and emotionally distant because it doesn't like to let people (planets) get close to it. Neptune has a lot of trust issues, and it wants to get over them, but it doesn't know how. Because of this, it keeps to itself a lot. Basically Neptune reminds me of me because I'm insane and assign human traits to things like planets.
- •PlutoPluto will always be a planet to me. I mean...it was a planet for forever before they stripped that away, and yeah I get that it doesn't really meet the criteria for planetdom, but why couldn't it have been grandfathered in?
- •EarthTo be honest, based solely on aesthetics, earth would probably be first. Unfortunately, it's full of literal trash, and by that I mean the human race. We suck.
- •UranusI wish people hadn't made a joke out of Uranus's name. It doesn't deserve that.
- •VenusI like the idea of the deity Venus better than the planet itself. But I guess the name is fitting for a planet full of deadly, poisonous gas because love can kill you just as much as Venus the planet can. Was that too melodramatic?
- •MercuryI kind of forget about Mercury sometimes. It's too close to the sun for my taste.
- •MarsMars is so overrated, and it's not even a pretty planet. There's just red everywhere. No thanks.
- •JupiterSame, only at least Mars might be livable one day. But who would want to live in a ball of gas full of raging, never ending storms?