BOOKS ON MY BOOKSHELF
And whether or not I've read them yet. I also have taken to reading on my iPad, so this isn't even all my books, though I still prefer the real thing.
- •My Star Wars and The Little Prince pop up books.I'm a big fan of pop up books. Also we'll get to the shelf below it.
- •From here on out, I'll capitalize the books I've read.
- •THE MINCING MOCKINGBIRD GUIDE TO TROUBLED BIRDS, HORRORSTÖR, and a bunch of random Buffy books as well as a book of urban legends, which I've only partially read because they creep me out. Also some of my many - as my grandmother would call them - gatzadelles. You might recognize Chicky Baby from Pee-Wee's Playhouse.
- •FORSAKEN, DAY FOUR, THE HOST, House of Leaves, GONE GIRL, THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE, I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN (probably my favorite book on this shelf), IN A DARK, DARK WOOD (the last book I read), Welcome to Nightvale, LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE, THE GROWNUP.
- •The Giver (and the Giver quartet), THE 5TH WAVE, THE INFINITE SEA, The Last Star (this just came out yesterday and is my next book), THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN, Carry On, THE CAT WHO WENT TO HEAVEN (which is actually about Buddhism and spawned my enduring fascination with the religion), some Buffy books (I've read all those), and a Chococat notebook (I'm a fan of Chococat).
- •Various Tori Spelling books (I have no shame, I'm a fan; I've read all three and need the fourth), a Star Wars novel I've had for forever and have never read, and some of my compendiums on Marvel and Star Wars.
- •Most of these aren't novels but are rather more compendiums, though I've read both those Dr. Seuss books (for the compendiums, I'm not counting those as read or not read since they're not like novels and stories).
- •Skeleton Crew, The Hobbit Devotional (my mom got me this for Christmas), The Bling Ring, PENPAL (HIGHLY recommend if you're a fan of scary stories. One of the scariest books I've ever read that also has surprising depth. It even made me cry), THE LITTLE WHITE TRIP, ME AND EARL AND THE DYING GIRL (which did not make me cry even though the movie made me lose my shit), HEMLOCK GROVE, The Realm of Possibility, Every Day.
- •THE WAVES, MARIE ANTOINETTE: THE JOURNEY, THE BELL JAR, EVERYBODY HURTS (this is a parody of emo culture and is hilarious), A Son is Forever (another Christmas gift), GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING, ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE (SO FAR) (I used to be really into Days of Our Lives), Darkly Dreaming Dexter, Dearly Devoted Dexter, Dexter in the Dark.
- •BECKHAM (I'm a fan of both soccer and biographies/memoirs of celebrities), THE LITTLE PRINCE, THE COLOSSUS, WINTER TREES, CROSSING THE WATER, JOHNNY PANIC AND THE BIBLE OF DREAMS, THE UNABRIDGED JOURNALS OF SYLVIA PLATH, ARIEL, COLLECTED POEMS, THE BELL JAR (I forgot I had the book already and ordered it again, and the new copy was hardcover, which I prefer). Clearly I'm a Plath fan.
- •A Street Cat Named Bob, MATCHED, CROSSED, REACHED, LOOKING FOR ALASKA (this book helped me tremendously to deal with my friend's sudden death), AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES, PAPER TOWNS, THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, LET IT SNOW, WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON, THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER.
- •IF I STAY, WHERE SHE WENT, The Silver Linings Playbook, Warm Bodies (both good movies though), THE END OF YOUR LIFE BOOK CLUB, ELEANOR & PARK (overrated in my opinion), The Lord of the Rings, CLOUD ATLAS, THE LOVELY BONES, The Beginning of Everything, REASONS TO STAY ALIVE.
- •A few from the previous picture, plus BELZHAR, IS EVERYONE HANGING OUT WITHOUT ME? (AND OTHER CONCERNS), WHY NOT ME? (Mindy Kaling is the best), The Thousand Dollar Tan Line, This is Where I Leave You, Never Let Me Go, Men, Women, & Children (I like all three movies, most especially NLMG), Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Biography (I can't find my A Series of Unfortunate Events books, which I've read all of), The Haters.
- •I've read all of these on the bottom shelf, which are the next few pictures (not capitalizing them)Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, Four
- •My Harry Potter collection
- •The Hunger Games trilogy and The Maze Runner series (including the prequel), with a spot for the second prequel, which comes out in September.
- •That's it. I have a ton more books on my Amazon wish list.I need another shelf.