EPISODES OF BLACK MIRROR SEASON 3, RANKED
- •Ep. 2: PlaytestI wish this episode had been scarier. Mostly it was Wyatt Russell walking around a house. The story had so much potential.
- •Ep. 5: Men Against FireIt took some time to get going, and I feel like the pay off could have been better. Like Playtest, I think they could have done more with the intriguing concept.
- •Ep. 3: Shut Up and DanceThe episode almost lost me partway through because I was like, why would this kid keep doing this stuff? All they've got on him is a video of him jerking off, like so many other teenage boys do. Then, well...turned out there was more to it.
- •Ep. 6: Hated in the NationMy biggest gripe with this was the length - it was way too long. Other than that, I love the story, which really was chilling and made me feel very introspective. We put a lot of hate out into the world via the internet, and there often aren't many consequences. Maybe there should be.
- •Ep. 1: NosediveThis episode felt frighteningly prescient, and my fave Black Mirror episodes are always the ones that imagine a not so distant future warped by the perils that come with technological advancement (like my favorite, 15 Million Merits). That's what this episode was like, and it was a bit unnerving. Also Bryce Dallas Howard was awesome. So many rankings I've read list Nosedive close to the low end for the season, and I just don't get that.
- •Ep. 4: San JuniperoThis one really got me. For awhile, I was like, what does this have to do with technology. Then it all made sense. This episode was so different than much of the season (or series as a whole). It was a love story tinged with both tragedy and hope, and man, it really got to me. I thought about it for awhile after it was over. Fun fact: I originally had this as number 2, but of all the episodes, it's stuck with me the most. I really loved it.