SPIDER-MAN MOVIES, RANKED
This turned out to be way way WAY harder than I thought because it turns out I just really freaking love Spider-Man. So I love all these movies, even the ones at the end of the list.
- 6.Spider-ManTobey is my least favorite of the three Spider-Men, but this is still a great movie. Plus this is when I started liking James Franco (and before I stopped liking him again).
- 5.The Amazing Spider-ManAndrew Garfield is my favorite Spider-Man, and he nails every aspect of the character. I'm more of a Mary-Jane guy though, but Emma Stone made me a Gwen fan again.
- 4.Spider-Man 2I love how how much this movie gave MJ to do. Kirsten Dunst is a favorite of mine, and she was one of the best parts of the original trilogy for me.
- 3.Spider-Man 3I know people knock this movie a lot, and some of the criticism I understand. I mean, the less we talk about Dark Peter's dancing, the better. But I liked the introduction of Green Goblin, and...I'm going to praise MJ/Kirsten again because she was great. Her life is unraveling, and Kirsten gives a great performance. She's just trying to hold her life together the best she can. I think I like this movie so much because I was watching more for MJ than Peter.
- 2.Spider-Man: HomecomingDespite my intense love of Andrew as Peter, I can't empathize enough just how damn adorable Tom Holland is, and he so fully embodies the spirit of Spider-Man. I felt like the story was fresher too, perhaps because it was unfamiliar to me, unlike the previous ones, which I had a sort of idea of what they'd be like from the comics.
- 1.The Amazing Spider-Man 2I love how Peter has to deal with his relationships now that he's fully entrenched in his Spider-Man duties, whether they be romantic (Gwen), platonic (Harry), or familial (Aunt May). I liked the action scenes and the villains, and I'm still bummed because I think they were really setting up for something epic. And don't get me started on the scene where Gwen dies. Andrew nailed it. So there I was crying in the movie theater over a superhero movie (the montage of Peter at Gwen's grave kills).