THINGS I DID TO HELP ME FEEL BETTER* ABOUT THE ELECTION RESULTS
*only I still don't really feel better about it.
- •Ranted to my friend, a fellow Millennial who voted for Hillary.
- •Donated money to Planned ParenthoodGod knows they're going to need it.
- •Read Hillary Clinton's twitterThis actually just made me sad though, but like, in an inspiring way. What a classy lady.
- •Avoided speaking to my parentsThey knows better than to call me right now. They raised three very liberal children, but of those three, I have always been the angriest, so they know I won't hold back since they voted for hate. A wise choice on their part (much wiser than their voting decision)
- •Watched a lot of TVI watched Speechless, Modern Family, Survivor, Channel Zero: Candle Cove, and American Horror Story: Roanoke
- •Went on a series of twitter rants/tirades/diatribesThey ranged from mournful to furious to hopeless to devastated.
- •Found solidarity in social mediaMost of the people in my day to day life are more conservative than I am (by a lot), but I have so many friends on various social media platforms (twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and List of course) who are like-minded, and that helped. It help me feel less alone.