Misconceptions I Had As A Child
- •The teachers slept at the schoolTHEY WERE ALWAYS THERE!
- •The world was black and white like the pictures
- •John Goodman was in CheersNORM!!
- •Manhattan was New York StateWhat is this "upstate" you speak of? And boroughs? Blasphemy.
- •The process required to become pregnantRemember when Michael Scott declared bankruptcy? That's how I thought pregnancy worked. So I marked a calendar for my "due date" along with the weight/inches/sex of my future child and thus "planned" my pregnancy for the next month. The panic set it after I ironically contracted a stomach bug and had a nasty case of "morning sickness". I was terrified to tell my parents.
- •Dr. Phil played Tom Hanks' father in You've Got MailJury is honestly still out on that one. I refuse to believe that Dabney Coleman is not just a stage name.