Favorite Tv Shows of 2015
What do you think? Agree or disagree?
- •MASTER OF NONE (Netflix)The show is so subtle, funny, clever, sweet, sad and realistic. Love is complicated and you can find the "right" person for you but that doesn't mean you'll end up with them forever. The episode 9, mornings, uses a time lapse as a plot point that is so poignant on the evolution of a relationship. Bravo to Aziz Ansari and Alan Yang for a great show.
- •JESSICA JONES (Netflix)A superhero television show that actually has people with feelings and emotions. The performances of Krysten Ritter, Rachael Taylor, Eka Darville, David Tennan, and Carrie-Ann Moss make what could be one-dimensional characters so convincingly real that the show is worth binging.
- •FARGO (FX)Season 2 was so well done with amazing acting by the entire cast. Kirsten Dunst proved she can act here with a loopy character that was the back bone of the show. Ted Danson and Patrick Wilson were great in the role of the sheriffs investigating a growing number of murders in their hometown that leads to a formerly powerful gang family that is self destructing as it battles for its territory against another gang in 1970s Minnesota.
- •YOU'RE THE WORST (FXX)A show that makes me laugh out loud constantly. The four main actors have such amazing chemistry that I could watch a show of them just sitting on a couch because it'd end up being hilarious!
- •MR. ROBOT (USA)The structure of the show runs like a movie. The cinematography of this show is stunning. The star, Rami Malek, has Future Hollywood leading man looks and the acting chops to go along with that. He plays unstable, drug addicted, introvert hacker who is afraid of any real relationship. The only relationship he has is with a coworker/possible ex lover/maybe childhood friend and the one with his neighbor/drug dealer. The technique of a brooding, emo-ish voiceover by Elliot really works.
- •BOB'S BURGERS (Fox)This show consistently produces episodes that are stellar. The chemistry between the voice talent is superior to any other cartoon ever made. Must watch: Gayle Makin' Bob Sled. This is their annual outstanding Thanksgiving episode which proves this show can routinely outdo itself again and again. Ignore that it's animated and look at it as a work place/family comedy.