BEST QUOTES FROM TONIGHT'S CONVERSATION WITH THE UCB
Moderated by Janeane Garofalo at the 92nd Street Y in New York City
- •"That idea of committing, and not bailing on your friends, is why UCB stayed together." -Amy PoehlerOn the philosophy of their mentor, Del Close.
- •"He gave us a methodology we could use. It was like magic." -Matt BesserOn Del's teaching
- •Don't put the cart before the horse. You have to learn something well before you can do it without thinking. You don't jump out of a plane without thinking. -Ian Roberts.On the UCB motto "Don't Think"
- •"Any time I stay in the moment, I'm suffering less." -Amy PoehlerOn applying improv's lessons to life
- •"Actors are interpretive artists, and improvisers are creative artists." -Ian RobertsThis quote was produced on request of the other three
- •"Compare and despair, Sister." -Amy PoehlerOn measuring yourself against your peers
- •"I tell my students, you should fail here. If you aren't failing here, you don't need to be here." -Ian RobertsOn learning improv
- •"Rob Riggle wrestling three new UCB students." "He put them together and made a sandwich."Walsh and Besser's description of a favorite DCM memory. (One of the students happened to be John Gemberling)