LIVE AT UCB IN NEW YORK THIS WEEK
Some recommended comedy shows at our two NY theatres in Chelsea and the East Village. Tickets and full schedule at ucbtheatre.com
- •One Idiot: Tennessee Williams' "What the Horse Saw"Monday, January 4th at 8pm @ UCB Chelsea. UCB sketch team One Idiot proudly presents the first ever production of "What The Horse Saw," the lost masterpiece by Tennessee Williams. The play, only recently discovered amongst the playwright's belongings, is an epic tale of love and loss. Any fans of Mr. Williams, American drama, or pretty horsies will not want to miss this amazing performance!
- •The Tony Show with Anthony AtamanuikTuesday, January 5th at 9:30pm @ UCB East Village. One of New York's most-fucked comedians present a character-driven variety show unlike any you've ever seen! ("You" being Harvey Keitel.) Each week brings a different theme, different guests, and a totally different experience! And yet, when you see it, you'll probably think it's basically just a variety show.
- •The Female GazeWednesday, January 6th at 9:30pm @ UCB Chelsea. The Female Gaze is a super-sized parody of The View, The Talk, The Chew, and The Real. The Female Gaze has over a dozen co-hosts and each has an important opinion that must be heard on all the day's top news stories and pop culture events, even if they know nothing about them. Especially if they know nothing about them! Created by Caitlin Bitzegaio, Nayomi Reghay, and Janie Stolar.
- •NY2: We're Also the NewsThursday, January 7th at 11pm @ UCB East Village. NY2 is a hungry young news outfit bringing you the week's hardest hitting stories. We don't take "You don't have access" as an answer. We don't take "You should learn photoshop if you're gonna forge press passes" as a suggestion. And we certainly don't take "I told you I'm not the mayor! Get off my property!" as a command.
- •Trump DumpFriday, January 8th at 7:30pm @ UCB Chelsea. Trump is President and he's giving a luxurious speech from the East Room of the White House. Join him and his paid audience as he updates America on the Hunt for Rosie O'Donnell, the construction of the first ever transcontinental hair oil pipeline and his plan for bronzing illegal immigrant's babies and using them for actual ships anchors. Bring your questions and the Don will answer them.
- •Matt & Betsy Do MusicSaturday, January 9th at 11:30pm @ UCB East Village. Matt and Betsy are not musicians, and neither are their friends. But that won't keep them from delivering one hour of non-stop music-themed comedy directly to your brains!