Last 5 Books I've Read
- •currently : jools oliver's minus nine and one.is that old school? found it for R15 at a bookshop on saturday and looked like a fun, easy read. personally love a memoir. personally dislike the cover. #dontjudgeabookbyitscover #cheapaschips
- •currently : the third plate by dan barbersuch a nugget and interesting read. reading it in small doses though. weakness for all food writing. this one's from the sister in london.
- •the pearl by john steinbeck.won't lie. bought it for the beaut of a cover. ended up reading it in a day and so loved the writing. also a few good life lessons in there. do yourself a favour.
- •the cross and the switchblade by david wilkersonwilkerson's incredible testimony / story of the street gangs in brooklyn and harlem, new york. "i'm a mainliner, preacher. there's no hope for me - not even in God." this one is power. #SameGod
- •the goldfinch by donna tarttgreat, memorable characters and such good writing. felt so much. the safe, the pristine, the grit, the comfort, the chaos, the longing, the brokenness, the hope.
- •all the light we cannot seeno photo of this one but only cause i was so quick to recommend it and pass it onto a friend. Absolute best fiction read i've read in along while. so beautiful. girl protagonist is blind and the writer makes you feel, smell and hear everything.