Things that taste like my childhood
I didn't realize until I created this how much I hated the foods of my childhood.
- •SpamWhen my dad and step mom decided my older sisters and I were old enough to not need a babysitter, they went out a lot. And they put my sisters in charge of dinner. The only thing I remember them making was sliced spam, baked with a dollop of ketchup on it. I hated it after like the third time.
- •Catalina dressingOne of my go-to after school snacks was carrots and celery dipped in Catalina. Until my step mom decided she didn't want to make snacks anymore.
- •Pink Panther FlakesBasically frosted flakes with pink dye. My step mom got a deal on a couple cases. And even though I loved my sugary cereals, I got tired of this stuff really fast.
- •Appian Way PizzaThis was my step mom's favorite. The crust was like cardboard, the sauce bland, and she didn't like to add much in the way of toppings.
- •Anyway, my step mom died when I was in college, my childhood is long in the past, and I eat much better foods now.