Stuff I Found Whilst Cleaning Out My Garage, Pt. 3
We're in the home stretch, but still some more to do
- •My Kick.Com Offer LetterThe first time I made real, livable money. I did okay at Sega, but this went the extra mile. This is the second offer letter, the first one had a typo that offered me hundreds of thousands of dollars more.
- •The Hellions *Greatest Hits* CassetteThe Hellions were my best friend in 8-9th Grade's band. He was a drummer, a heavy metal drummer. All the songs were recorded on a cheap jam box sitting on top of a guitar amp that the guitarist/singer sang directly into. They were a 2 piece. Today, this might be considered a lo-fi classic. All lyrics about Satan & sex, as only 13-14 yr old metal heads can do.
- •A promo photo for The Brian Setzer OrchestraStill in the FedEx envelope in which it was sent.
- •Emerson Lake & Palmer's *Brain Salad Surgery* On VinylGatefold cover, bitches!
- •Kozmo.com ReceiptsA bunch of these were for CDs, I think they sold them as a loss-leader for a bit
- •CD Now.com ReceiptsI was in an 80s synth pop mood this day.
- •The Beastmaster on VHSAs God intended. This was a White Elephant Party gift.
- •My Breakfast With Blassie On VHSThis is a great movie, but you kind of need to be a wrestling fan, knowledgeable of Andy Kaufman's career and have seen "My Dinner With Andre" to get it all.
- •My 1st Year, 1st Quarter In College Meal CardFave meal: grilled cheese & tomato soup.
- •The Kelly Family "Fell In Love With An Alien" VHSFormer MTV VJ Alan Hunter did an infomercial for the family band of euro-hippies. You could get the vid for free, so I did.
- •2nd Gen IPod With Headpones, FireWire Cord & Remote Control Headphone ExtentionThere's a lot of good mashups on this iPod. And I always liked this remote, I've never been able to master the # of clicks needed to do something on the newer earphones.
- •iPod BoxSooo much packaging back then.
- •Melissa Auf Du Mar's Solo AlbumThe dream of the 90s is alive in my garage.
- •TaeBo Workout VHSTwo of them!