Things I Did to Kick Off 2016
Aside from the all important stay in pajamas all day part.
- •Inadvertently stay up until 1 AM visiting with neighbor friends. I'm still not sure how our evening flew by so quickly, but both my friend and I expected that we would call it a night around 10. This seemed an appropriate end to a year that was challenging but somehow marked by some of the most solid friendships of my adult life.When we lived in Portland, we had a couple friend that we adored. We still stay with them when we visit, but we've sorely missed them. After several years back in Boise, I carpooled with K after we made the connection that we had a mutual friend. She and her husband and 2 kids moved across the street from us over the summer, and it's pretty freaking awesome that we have neighbor parent friends so close. Fun fact: both Scott and I met 1/2 of the couple friends via carpool, and both are UNC grads.
- •Continually poke my snoring husband in the back hoping to wake him up so that I might be able to fall asleep.
- •Get up at 4:45 with my early bird one-year-old. Yawn."Why would you want to sleep, Mama?"
- •Rock the kiddo back to sleep and take a nap with him at 6:30.
- •Nap solo after he woke up until he pounded on the bedroom door screaming to find me.
- •Movies, pajamas, and snuggles.
- •Try not to giggle too hard as the toddler figured out using his new chair to climb on his step & play piano. So much climbing these days.
- •Have a couple family dance parties.
- •Read Trucks about 15 times. E has started bouncing by himself on the "Monster trucks bounce over rows of cars" page.
- •Finally finish The Queen of the Tearling. It took several tries to get into the book, but once I finally did, I loved it.
- •Clean up my Goodreads Currently Reading list and set my Reading Challenge of 30 books.
- •Repurpose NYE's laser potatoes into a scramble. Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea.
- •Rock the boy to sleep because I am a sucker for his snuggliness.
- •Hear husband snoring loudly from the other room and decide to repeat the cycle of tired by starting The Shell Collector at 10 PM. Stupid head cold.