Five Places You Need to Visit in Lebanon, PA
I thought that I, as a current resident (13 years and counting) of Lebanon, Pennsylvania, I should make a list of places you owe it to yourself to visit if you should ever make it out to this part of the state.
- •The Farmer's MarketPretty much anything you'd ever want. Fresh produce, meats, pretzels, sushi, fried chicken, wine, famous sweet balogna and falafel.
- •Union Beer HouseOkay. So there are two beer places on this list, but honestly this is one of the finest selections of microbrews both in bottles and on tap I've ever seen. The owner is really passionate about his stock and can give you solid recommendations on the best new beers or ones he's had for years.
- •Wertz CandiesThis one is right down on Cumberland Street in the heart of what you could call downtown. You can fit about maybe 5 people in there at a time, but it's one of those lovely old fashioned shops with homemade chocolates and tons of gummies and holy god the caramel corn will knock you on your ass.
- •Snitz Creek BreweryThey brew a sweet balogna beer. Do you need to know anything else?
- •Trattoria FratelliA fine little Italian place with frequently rotated specials and brick-oven pizza. You would do well to call for a reservation, as it is a rather small place and always busy, but ... wow. I've never had anything bad there and have sampled just about everything on the menu. At least snag a pizza. Amazing.