Already on li.st? Open in app.
Thanksgiving is usually a day of overindulgence. However, there are ways to indulge -- and not go overboard.
- •Eat (don't drink) your calories.At 150-300 calories a drink cocktails, egg nog and hot chocolate quickly add up. Try a cranberry spritzer instead.
- •Eat before the feastDon't skip breakfast. Eat to make sure your metabolism is up and running so you won't snack or overeat.
- •Chew slowlyChewing slowly not only helps your body digest, it also leads to eating less.
- •Do something activeParticipate in a turkey trot or organize an informal football game. A walk around the block after dinner is another great idea.
Lots of people will be deep frying a bird this Thanksgiving. If they don't do it right, they could end up calling the fire department or an ambulance
- •OVERFILL THE OIL -- Instead make sure you only have enough oil to cover the turkey while leaving five inches of space at the top.
- •FRY A FROZEN TURKEY -- Make sure your bird is TOTALLY THAWED or the water inside will cause dangerous spatters.
- •GET THE OIL TOO HOT -- Do not let it go above 350 degrees.