MY FANTASY ABOUT FEBRUARY 14TH
- •The year is 2046.
- •I have a daughter, she's 10.
- •She comes home from school on the Friday before the 14th and tells me how excited she is.
- •She's got a bunch of cool activities planned with her friends.Making collages, baking, writing feminist haikus.
- •She tells me that Galentine's Day is her favorite holiday.
- •I smile, and tell her that when I was her age it was called VALentines Day
- •And was supposed to celebrate romantic love between couples.
- •She looks skeptical and says,
- •"That doesn't sound fun at all..."
- •"I like Galentine's day. It's all about celebrating friendship between women and sisterhood."
- •I tell her that I like Galentine's Day too. 😊
- •She goes off to her room to make a color coded agenda of the Day's events.
- •I sit by myself, enjoying a cup of tea, and am grateful for how things have changed.
- •Thank you, Leslie.
- •.Then a grilled cheese appears on the counter in front of me because it's 2046 and my SmartKitchen knew I wanted one.