NON-ACADEMIC THINGS I LEARNED AT BOSTON LATIN SCHOOL
Did good ol' Benny Franklin learn these things before he dropped out?? Bet not. Shoulda stayed in school, pal!
- •How to eat in class without anyone noticingThis is so handy. I'm in a very expensive cafe and bought my coffee like 5 hours ago but I can live on because I just ate a granola bar from my bag unnoticed 👍🏼👍🏼
- •How to forge signaturesNot on report cards, but on bathroom passes. Because I had to beg to go to the bathroom until I was 18 🙄
- •How to bullshit papersCliché, but true.
- •How to manipulate menLooking at you @ math department. (They deserved it. They deserved worse.)
- •A lot about leadership and balance and democracyWhile tying to form an organization to resist the oppression of Boston Latin School 😚😚
- •How to better sing and read musicThe school is sometimes eh but our music dept could sometimes be FRESH
- •How to walk so fast4 minutes.
- •How to appreciate teachersHonestly the number of terrible teachers there encouraged my deep academic affection for and obsession with good teachers.
- •How to do improvI was in the improv troupe when I was in middle school and it was 1. My intro to being funny and 2. How I met my best friends 4ever. I wasn't very good.
- •How to speak in publicLearned by doing declamation 3x a year for 4 years. Tbh learned a lot and feel confident in my abilities.
- •How to leave my body for an hour@ Like, all the boring classes