2016 in Review
A few highlights.
- •Quit my jobIt was not an easy decision by any means. I agonized over it for months, feeling trapped and helpless, telling myself to be patient, and hoping that things would turn around. It didn't. So I GTFO. Didn't even matter that I had nothing lined up. I felt so liberated. It's a feeling I try to remember when I start feeling stuck in anything. I can walk away and I'll be okay.
- •Got a new jobPut the freelance leap on hold and reunited with my partner-in-crime.
- •Sang my heart out with C!C!C!Justin Bieber's "Sorry", David Bowie's "The Man Who Sold the World", Modest Mouse's "Float On", Grimes' "Maim vs. Kill", and Feist's "I Feel It All".
- •Recorded backing vocals for a track on Feist's new albumUnreal.
- •Survived an eye ultrasoundTwice. 😵
- •Danced like I was in a Bieber music videoIt wasn't enough that I got to sing "Sorry" with C!C!C! I needed to know the moves to it too.
- •Slayed like Bey 👯Learned the entire choreography to " Single Ladies".
- •Travelled on businessMovin' up the corporate ladder!
- •Went back to one of my favourite citiesGood food, Samantha Bee, and Flight of the Conchords.
- •Got back into improvNeeded more silliness in my life. Did a workshop, took a class, and got a new coach for my duo.
- •Tried stand-upLoved it. Got to do a few shows, including one during JFL42!
- •Spent two weekends in a sketch writing workshopI learned a ton from a couple writers from the Baroness Von Sketch Show and came out of it with scripts ready, people to collaborate with on future projects, and renewed inspiration. Let's make stuff!!!
- •Read 17 booksThe most books in a long while!
- •Discovered Body Blitz#treatyoself
- •Came up with stuff I'm proud ofAnd I'm excited to do more in 2017!