Favorite Quotes From "The Valley Of Vision"
"The Valley of Vision" is a collection of Puritan prayers and devotions. Its descriptions of the Lord and the kind of Christ-follower I long to be are just beautiful.
- •"Grant me to attain this haven and be done with sailing, and may the games of thy mercy blow me safely into harbour."The Mover
- •"Here, it is my duty to be as Christ in this world, to do what he would do, to live as he would live, to walk in love and meekness; then would he be known, then would I have peace in death."Christ Alone
- •"I love thee above the powers of language to express, for what thou art to thy creatures. Increase my love, O my God, through time and eternity."Praise and Thanksgiving
- •"Help me to see how good thy will is in all, and even when it crossed mine teach me to be pleased with it."The All-Good
- •"While Jesus is representing me in heaven, may I reflect him on earth; while he pleads my cause, may I show forth his praise."God Enjoyed
- •"In a world of created changeable things, Christ and his Word alone remain unshaken."Christ the Word
- •"Thou hast died for me, may I live to thee, in every moment of my time, in every movement of my mind, in every pulse of my heart."Christ is All
- •"May I never dally with the world and its allurements, but walk by thy side, listen to thy voice, be clothed with thy graces, and adorned with thy righteousness."Christ is All
- •"In love divest me of blessings that I may glorify thee the more; remove the fuel of my sin, and may I prize the gain of a little holiness as overbalancing all my losses."Union With Christ
- •"In him are everlasting strength for the weak, in searchable riches for the needy, treasures of wisdom and knowledge for the ignorant, fullness for the empty."The Name of Jesus
- •"Cut me not off before my thoughts grow to responses, and the budding of my soul into full flower, for thou art forbearing and good, patient and kind."The Cry of a Convicted Sinner
- •"If ever I am saved it will be by goodness undeserved and astonishing, not by mercy alone but by abundant mercy, not by grace but by exceeding riches of grace."The Mediator
- •"In him thou hast given me so much that heaven can give no more."The Gift of Gifts