Some things I am thankful for on the day after my 25th birthday
I just turned 25 and am in a semi-reflective mood. While I could go on for days about what I am thankful for, I will limit it (at least for now).
- •My familyI realize that I am amazingly blessed to have a family who loves and supports me constantly. Wouldn't trade them for ANYTHING.
- •A good night's sleepNo seriously, people under estimate the importance of this one. Sleep is my favorite thing and I am happy to have it as part of my life.
- •A jobIn an economy that is constantly in flux, I do not take for granted my employment.
- •A job that I actually likeEven more than having a job, I am so happy to be doing something I like, surrounded by hardworking people who encourage me to be the best version of myself.
- •My friendsThey are the family I get to choose. They are the ones who accept my weirdness. They are the ones who keep me sane when the world makes me want to go crazy. They have my heart.
- •Warm, fuzzy socksSometimes my feet are cold and the fuzzy socks never disappoint me.
- •Planting seedsThere is something so relaxing about being outside and building a garden. To put your energy into something and see beautiful results...its a blessing.
- •Game of ThronesEvery time I watch it, I find it to be an emotional roller coaster and I simply cannot get enough.
- •Heirloom Beet Salad with Goat CheeseOh my word! So very delicious. Stoked that this has made its way into my life and I look forward to our next encounter.
- •NetflixBecause I like options and ease of use, and Netflix affords me with both.
- •Standup ComediansFrom Gary Gulman to Patton Oswalt. From Christopher Titus to Eugene Mirman. From Aziz Ansari to Kevin Hart. Comedians make me laugh. Comedians keep me sane. Comedians inspire me to continue trying to make people laugh. Thank you!!
- •Old picturesGoing through old pictures always warms my heart. Family, friends, travel, and everything in between, I am so grateful to have such amazing memories.
- •My educationWhile my education does not make me better or worse than anyone else, it has given me opportunities I may not have had otherwise. I've met wonderful people and gained a tremendous amount of confidence.
- •MusicThe central piece of my life. My soul. My life's blood. The only thing that knows me better than I do. A world without music is not a world I want to know about.
- •Long Island Iced TeaThe perfect drink for any occasion. Birthday celebration - yes! Graduation - of course! Tuesday night - obviously!
- •Wolf Shirt WednesdayPub trivia with my amazing friends is a high point of my week. Win together/lose together, we are one Wolfpack. Hooooowwwlllll!
- •So many more things...Literally, I could spend hours, days, weeks recounting all the beautiful blessings I have in my life. I am working to take nothing for granted. Nothing is promised to anyone and I want to make the most of what I have. Everyday.