5 SIGNS THAT INTERNET CULTURE IS MAINSTREAM
We're living in a post-meme world, you guys ✌️
- •Success Kid meme spotted at Whole Foods. As memes go mainstream, the meaning gets diluted. Exhibit A: Whole Foods appropriated the meme incorrectly because the it does not present a problem and solution.
- •The Times declared Drake a "meme artist." 📞💎
- •The story behind the origin of Ermagherd Girl 💁🏼🤓📚 is news.
- •The organizers behind Hallowmeme deciding to not throw their annual party this year 🙅🏻🎃💻👻
- •Inanimate objects on social platforms are growing in popularity. Early culture adopters feel the backlash as memes transition to basic content consumption. The discovery is gone. Instead, they view these inanimate objects (a carrot, a bok choy and a cabbage) that tweet as a never-ending Dada-esque poem full of nonsensical dialogue that bring joy.