WHY HALLOWEEN WAS DISAPPOINTING...AGAIN
Disclaimer: I LOVE Halloween, but I think my expectations are too high.
- 1.I didn't get to spend the evening at a masquerade ball at a palace, the theme of which would be "Masque of the Red Death" and later I get to solve a murder.
- 2.I didn't get my Loki costume together in time. My fault, but I would have kicked ass at the costume contest at work. So, still I mourn.
- 3.I didn't meet some hottie in a tasteful costume to begin a wintery romance with.
- 4.I'm on a diet and gave myself permission to indulge, only to be surrounded by candy I don't like. The gods are cruel.
- 5.I didn't watch "Hocus Pocus", "Halloweentown", or "Sleepy Hollow" nearly enough times.
- 6.I didn't get to carve a pumpkin, which is technically on me. I'm an adult who must buy their own pumpkins. I shouldn't expect them to manifest themselves on to my kitchen table for carving.
- 7.Australia lost the rugby World Cup. I know, not directly Halloween related, but it happened on Halloween and put me in a poor humor.
- 8.I was told to pipe down while singing a rousing chorus of "This is Halloween"
- 9.I was forced to be in close proximity with children from who knows where. I probably have The Maunch or Rubella or some other random disease thanks to them.
- 10.I was not endowed with magical powers by the spirit of Halloween, which happens to be the plot of my YA novel "Harvest Moon".