Best of Athens GA
Meaningless awards for the Classic City.
- •Best Hot Dog - HiLo BarThe 1908 is hands down the best Chicago dog in the southeast. Not to mention their fries kick ass.
- •Best Place to Eat Outside - Cali n' TitosCome on.. A boat filled with water, loud bass driven music, a freaking parrot. The Cuban sandwich is a classic.
- •Best Place to Find Old Electroics - Vic's VintageJust go see for yourself.
- •Best Pulled Pork - Fresh AirIt tastes just like the legendary BBQ I know and love. My only disappointment is that Terry Gross is never there.
- •Best Place to Be Near Railroad Tracks - Pulaski Heights SwingWhat's more relaxing than a tree swing and CSX rolling down the line?
- •Best Shop to Buy Vinyl and a Skateboard - Low Yo Yo StuffI can't think of a better combination.
- •Best Shop to Buy Vinyl and a Comic Book - WuxtryAn equally good combination.
- •Best Place to Be Stung By a Bee - State Botanical Garden of GeorgiaIf you have to be stung, at least make it somewhere beautiful.
- •Best Guy I Want to Befriend - Michael LachowskiPreviously of the band Pylon, currently a badass. Runner up - Hugh Acheson.
- •Best Street - Prince Ave.Normaltown. That's all that needs to be said.
- •Best - The beautiful people who call this place homeSo cheesy.