The Time I Broke the Rules
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •I was 5 years old
- •my older brother was 9 years old
- •a Mother's Day school assignment had resulted in him giving my mother a hersheys kissit was a poem on a card that had a hersheys kiss taped to it
- •Mother's Day had been about three months ago, and the chocolate was still there
- •so one day, I snapped
- •I ate her symbolic Mother's Day hersheys kiss
- •a few hours later, she discovered
- •and I was wrecked with guit
- •she asked me if I had eaten the hersheys kiss
- •with chocolate on my lip I stuttered out a "no" and ran upstairs to where my brother was in the bathroom brushing his hair
- •I began furiously brushing my teeth to get the chocolate out
- •my brother, also knowing i had eaten the chocolate, demanded to know why I was brushing my teeth
- •toothpaste running down my chin, I shrugged and replied "I just want some fresh breath"
- •eventually I owned up to my shame and admitted my crime. the guilt sticks with me to this day.