ADVICE FOR MEN USING DATING APPS
I have read a lot of your bad profiles and let me say I have comments.
- •If your list of favorite movies, books, music, and tv shows doesn't include any by or about a woman, fix that.No, JK Rowling does not count.
- •Why do you all hate vegetarians so much?Even if I wasn't a vegetarian I would be offended by this.
- •Smoking a lot of weed is not a personality trait.Stop bragging about this. Bacon isn't a personality trait either.
- •Do not quote The Office, Zoolander, or Anchorman.YOU ALL DO THIS. Why????? Quoting things all men agree are funny does not show you are funny.
- •Stop answering that one OKCupid question about whether you would date someone who was overweight, "Yes, as long as they're not obese"I could screech about this FOREVER but obese is a meaningless distinction and also go fuck yourself for being such a fatphobic piece of shit. Lesley Kinzel wrote much more elegantly about this than I — http://www.lesleykinzel.com/fat-shaming-is-not-an-individual-problem-its-a-cultural-one/
- •Don't open your message with "wow you're beautiful."This is super creepy and makes you seem like you're just sending that to everyone and it seems so not genuine — like those guys on the Bachelorette who are in love on the first night. Nah.
- •Use proper spelling and grammarSo simple, and yet
- •Don't tell me what you're not looking for, i.e. "Don't message me if you have a lot of selfies"Lmao literally no one cares, this just makes you seem so arrogant.
- •Don't brag about how good you are at sex.You would think this would go without saying, and yet.
- •Don't try to promote your website/Instagram/soundcloud/YouTube.In reality show terms, you're not here for the right reasons.
- •Don't have any photos in a fedora.Shows a lack of self awareness.
- •Aight good luck guys.
- •Also if you're reading this and you think I don't sound too much like an uptight bitch (which I can be) and you live in New York and you wanna go out 👀