BOOKS I READ: AUGUST 2017
- •Imagine Wanting Only This by Kristen Radtke⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ this is a STUNNING graphic memoir about death and grief and urban ruins and what we leave behind.
- •The Answers by Catherine Lacey⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ also amazing! About this woman who gets a job being one of this actor's girlfriends. It's so good.
- •What We Lose by Zinzi Clemons⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ about grief and love and growing up and moving on. SO GOOD.
- •His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ historical novel where dragons help fight the napoleonic wars. Fun!
- •Tell Me How It Ends by Valeria Luiselli⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ if you only read one book on this list read this one! Basically a long essay about the refugee crisis of kids coming from Central America and our inability/unwillingness to help them. Read it.
- •Faithful Place by Tana French⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ the third Dublin Murder Squad and my favorite so far. If you like mysteries read these
- •The Leavers by Lisa Ko⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ STUNNING. about a woman who immigrates from child, gives birth to a son, and goes missing.
- •The Awkward Path to Getting Lucky⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ really lovely romance novel that's just as much about female friendship as it is love and sex
- •A Gathering of Shadows by VE Schwab⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I LOVE THIS SERIES. can't wait to pick up the third from the library.
- •Whatever Happened to Interracial Love? By Kathleen Collins⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ beautiful short story collection, only wish it were longer
- •The Hating Game by Sally Thorne⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ fucking amazing romance novel. Really breathes new life into the "we hate each other because we love each other" trope.
- •What It Means When A Man Falls From The Sky by Lesley Nneka Arimah⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ another really great short story collection. Again only wish they were longer. Can't wait for her to write a novel.