BOOKS I READ: JANUARY 2017
New year new books same list title
- •I Love Dick by Chris KrausFirst I've never gotten so many weird looks on the subway as when I was reading this. It's this weird combo of theory and story that perfectly fit my 2017 rage. A little too pretentious but good. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •Angel Catbird Vol. 1 by Margaret AtwoodThis is exactly what it promises to be. A fun silly romp. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •Amazing Spider-Man: Renee Your Vows by Dan SlottThis is the best secret wars tie in and ALSO one of the best Spider-man comics I've ever read. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •Born to Run by Bruce SpringsteenThis was fucking great. It made me a Bruce fanatic. Cried on the subway. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •Everything, Everything by Nicole YoonVery good touching YA. maybe a little unbelievable but it's forgivable. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •If I Was Your Girl by Meredith RussoYA novel (by a debut author!) about a trans girl in high school trying to make it through and graduate. Quite good, if a little underwritten. Can't wait for her next book. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl by Issa RaeThis was a little disappointing. Some of the essays were very good but many were just fine? ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •March: Book One by John LewisI got this from the library before Trump attacked John Lewis but then it was very timely. This is very good. The art is stunning.
- •Jem and the Holograms Vol. 2I love this series and these characters so much! A little plot-light but really great. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •Who Feats Death by Nnedi OkoraforEVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT FROM A DYSTOPIAN FANTASY NOVEL. If you only take one rec from this list let it be this one!!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- •Difficult Women by Roxane GaySuch a great collection of short stories!! Very touching, moving, horrifying, lovely.
- •The app is being very glitchy but difficult women gets five stars.
- •Always Happy Hour by Mary MillerMore short stories! These were fine though. They sort of ran together by the end because they were so similar. ⭐️⭐️⭐️