BOOKS I READ: MARCH 2017
A little late my b
- •The History of White People by Nell Irvin PainterThis was crazy fascinating. Traces the idea of the white race from antiquity to modernity. Highly recommend it.
- •Juliet Takes A Breath by Gabby RiveraJuliet is a fat Puerto Rican lesbian interning with the queen of white feminism in Portland for the summer. This book is SO GOOD. It should be a movie.
- •Runaways: Battleworld by Noelle StevensonVery fun Secret Wars tie-in
- •Postcards from the Edge by Carrie FisherAn autobiographical novel and it's very good and funny and sometimes disturbing and I think about it a lot.
- •Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Volume 3This shit barely makes sense but it's amazing.
- •The Princess Diarist by Carrie FisherAbout shooting the first Star Wars and being Princess Leia for life. Really fucking amazing.
- •The Obelisk Gate by NK JemisinSequel to the Fifth Season — so good, cannot wait for the end of this series!
- •A-Force Volume 1: HypertimeFun! Women heroes are the best.
- •Feminism is for Everybody by bell hooksOught to be required reading for every human person
- •The Days of Abandonment by Elena FerranteAMAZING. Engrossing, incredible, can't be missed
- •The Fade Out: Act TwoI like this series a lot. Murder + old school Hollywood
- •The Wicked + the Divine: Rising ActionHOLY SHIT. If you want a non-superhero comic series check out this one.
- •Dumplin by Julie MurphyReread this book. One of my all-time favorites and it deeply affected me this time.
- •Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen ChoA Jane Austen novel with magic and thoughtful considerations of racism and sexism and imperialism. READ IT.