BOOKS I READ: MAY 2016
As always, I read a lot of comics.
- •The Wicked + Divine, Vol. 3: Commercial Suicide⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This volume had really cool guest artists, and I continue to just really love this series
- •Tell Me Three Things by @juliebux⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ really nice and sweet YA novel
- •Thor, Vol. 2: Who Holds The Hammer?⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ FEMALE THOR FOREVA
- •All-New Captain America: Fear Him⭐️⭐️ Literally a Batman story with Captain America in it. Did not like.
- •A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Usually I don't care about Sherlock stuff at all but I LOVED this. YA but still serious, doesn't make it silly or light
- •Gotham Academy, Vol. 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ FINALLY A DC COMIC THAT I LIKE. GIRLS, QUESTIONING BATMAN, GETTING INTO HIJINKS. LOVE.
- •The Sympathizer by Viet Than Nguyen⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Really wonderful, smashes apart the American view of Vietnam, just won the Pulitzer
- •Spider-Woman, Vol. 2: New Duds⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ LOVED. Jessica Drew is wonderful, this story is small but emotional in all the right ways.
- •Star Wars, Vol. 2: Showdown on Smuggler's Moon⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Continue to love this series. I could live with Luke, Leia and Han forever
- •Silk, Vol. 0: The Life and Times of Cindy Moon⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (I'm beginning to think I'm not critical enough of books but maybe I just have exceptional taste and only read things I'll like?) Cindy Moon is amazing
- •Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ WHAT IF A JANE AUSTEN NOVEL WERE ABOUR DRAGONS
- •Bellweather Rhapsody by Kate Racculia⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is really gorgeous and moving and lovely. Highly recommend.
- •Wonder of Wonders: A Cultural History of Fiddler on the Roof by Alisa Solomon⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Really, really interesting stuff I really didn't know about before. Fiddler was Hamilton in the 1960s, basically
- •Bee and Puppycat, Vol. 1 by Natasha Allegri⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Adorable continuation of the adorable web series.
- •Rat Queens, Vol. 2⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Badass lady warriors have violent battles and crazy sex. It's fun.
- •My Mad Fat Diary by Rae Earl⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Literally her diary from when she was 17 in 1989 in Britain. Very relatable for me, you honestly might not like it a lot if you weren't also fat and/or mentally ill. But I loved it. Really funny, and the inspiration for my favorite TV show.