BOOKS I READ: NOVEMBER 2016
On time this month! Leggo.
- •Christodora by Tim Murphy⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ definitely one of my top books of the year. A generational novel about AIDS and drugs and art and love. Just wonderful.
- •The Wangs vs the World by Jade Chang⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Funny, moving, sharp but still heartfelt. About a Chinese American family that goes broke at the start of the financial crisis.
- •TV The Book by Alan Sepinwall and Matt Zoller Seitz⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ educational! I disagree with some of their rankings though. For example, Grey's >>>> Scandal
- •Black Widow Red Vengeance by Margaret Stohl⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ The sequel to the first fun, moving YA novel about the Black Widow. This one's timeline gets stretched beyond my suspension of disbelief, but otherwise it's a joy.
- •The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Another sequel! I didn't loooove the first one, which was a little too angsty and predictable, but this one was way more action-packed.
- •Secret Wars 2099⭐️⭐️ Interesting premise with no pay off
- •Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Another book that is certainly in my top five 2016 ranking. Follows the descendants of two half-sisters: one who stays in Ghana and one who is sold into slavery. Fantastic.