CHRISTMAS MOVIES ARE BETTER IN THE SUMMER.
I hold these truths to be self-evident.
- •OK so Christmas movies take place in this magical world where people are nice and you tell people you love them and it's always showing but you never have to shovel it.
- •It's amazing, like this nostalgic fantasy.
- •Like your life but a little shinier.
- •But in December, you're more conscious of how different that is from your real life.
- •The gap between reality and the film (or TV show or whatever).
- •But in the summer!!!!
- •You can idealize Christmas all you want.
- •When it's 95 and humid and you want to die and you put on Love Actually
- •It's fucking perfect
- •It's this little reminder that summer ends, that happiness exists, that one day soon you'll wear sweaters.
- •Seize the day! Watch Christmas shit out of season!