QUESTIONS I'VE GOT ABOUT HARRY POTTER
Inspired by @crackdkettle and her discussion questions
- •Where did the kids learn to read if there's no wizard school before they're 11?
- •Am I supposed to believe Mrs. Weasley had time to teach her kids math?
- •Why are there no liberal arts classes at Hogwarts?
- •Like, there's no wizard literature, or poems? Where did the writers of the Daily Prophet learn to write?Maybe if Hogwarts had a journalism class Rita Skeeter wouldn't exist.
- •There's no philosophy of magic? Or ethics of magic?Maybe if they read Aristotle they wouldn't have Death Eaters. Or if they read Muggle writers everyone would hate Muggles less!
- •No one has studied the science of magic? The physics of magic? Instead they have to learn about grass?
- •Who decided that 11 year olds should have a purely technical education?!
- •Do we really think sorting children based on their "main characteristic" is a good idea?The House system is really a nightmare.
- •What jobs can you have in wizard society besides Ministry employee, person who owns a store, healer, and teacher?Apparently there are no novelists!
- •Are we really supposed to believe they don't want telephones?
- •Why don't they have wizard scientists! Maybe they could figure out how to use phones with magic if they did!
- •Quills are really better than pens? Really?
- •And if they don't have electricity how do they mass produce any wizard things? Like books?
- •Are any members of the royal family wizards?Can I write a sequel where Prince George goes to Hogwarts?
- •Why are people such dicks to squibs?
- •What are the immigration laws? Just seems like it would be really complicated with Apparating and Portkeys.You'd just got to different countries for shits and giggles.
- •Is their a wizard UN?Like all the ministries of magic get together. If there's a Quidditch World Cup, there has to be a UN, right?