TOMORROW I'M GETTING ON A PLANE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 16 YEARS
So I'm freaking out a little.
- •When I was 8, in May 2001, my family flew to Disney World.Most of what I remember about this experience is that my aunt bought my a Digimon book to read on the plane, and they showed "Friends" episodes on the TV. which I already loved because my parent were pretty irresponsible with TV I guess?
- •And I haven't been on a plane since.
- •I mean, that was pre-9/11! We got to keep our shoes on and just chill or whatever.
- •So I'm sort of freaking out.
- •I'm going to North Carolina to visit my AMAZING BFF who is a 2L at Duke Law.
- •And the trip is going to be fun!
- •But little bottles of shampoo? Going through security?
- •And like where do you even stand?
- •Like, all those little intricacies of knowing where you're going and when to hold our your boarding pass and stuff
- •Is this weird?
- •But I'm also so excited!
- •I mean I went to prep school and a fancy college and everyone I know is pretty well traveled and I haven't been anywhere.
- •So traveling more is one of my New Year's Resolutions
- •And I really want to see the Pacific before 2017.
- •So I know I'll be fine. And tomorrow I'll have thought all this anxiety was silly.
- •I'd come up with a witty ending but I have to go but some conditioner into a travel sized bottle.