WHY YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT
Yes, you. I don't care how fat you are, it's true.
- •If you want to eat more healthy than you are right now, cool. Do that.
- •If you want to exercise more than you are right now, also cool. Do that.
- •But don't expect that either of those things will make you thinner or thin.
- •Because they probably won't.
- •And MANY studies have shown that diets don't work, that people on diets are more likely to overeat, that after a diet you will gain the weight back, if not more, that weight fluctuations are more unhealthy than being fat
- •Sure there is a correlation between fatness and some diseases, but no studies have proven causation. It's possible that the same thing is causing, for instance, fatness and diabetes.
- •There's nothing wrong with being fat.
- •Fat people are beautiful and wonderful and loved.
- •And I know it's easy for me, a stranger on the Internet, to say.
- •And admittedly I struggle with this stuff sometimes.
- •But it makes me so sad to people talk about their fatness as a bad thing, a thing to be overcome.
- •You can be happy just like this. You shouldn't put your body and health at risk to satisfy narrow beauty standards.
- •So yeah, eat more spinach and go for a run tomorrow morning, if that's your thing.
- •But don't do it to lose weight.
- •Deciding to never diet again was incredibly freeing, and let me recommend it to you.