albums that influenced my teenage years
completely showing my age... and inspired by @hillary79 ♥️
- •Jane's Addiction - XXXthe first Jane's album I bought and which spawned the high trinity of my teenage years: triple X, Nothing's Shocking & Ritual de lo Habitual. also, my first obsession... i loved me some junked out Perry Farrell.
- •The Cure - Disintegrationtimeless. reminds me of winter, fucked up endings, and wee morning talks in the dark.
- •Sonic Youth - Daydream NationKim Gordon, forever. Teen Age Riot = top five SY.
- •Smashing Pumpkins - Gishwent on so many trips to San Francisco with this blasting...always the same six packed in "the Troop" heading off to shows, the ocean, or the park.
- •The Pixies - Doolittlebought this after hearing Wave of Mutilation (U.K. Surf). Black Francis was the voice i'd been missing without even knowing it.
- •Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machinei can't remember why I bought this without ever having heard it, but i distinctly remember listening for the first time & thinking YES!!! on constant rotation throughout my angsty teenage yrs.
- •Depeche Mode - Violatorthe summer album to Disintegrations winter. played it ad nauseam & wore the tour teeshirt to shreds.
- •The Sugarcubes - Life's Too Goodi heard three songs from another room before knocking on the door to say "who is this?!" total set up for a right good Bjork obsession come my 20s.
- •U2 - The Joshua Treei was never really a U2 person, but my closest friend was obsessed. i have the sweetest, fondest memories of listening to this, War & Rattle and Hum whenever i was with Richie. may our friendship forever rest in peace.
- •R.E.M. - Automatic for the Peoplethis is pretty much the soundtrack of the time i was sent to live with my aunt, which was essentially suicide watch as she fell apart when her shitty cheating husband left her. never have I seen a person so destroyed. this was one of my saving graces.
- •Led Zeppelin - IVtotally had the 90s box set and a handful of full length albums, but IV reigns supreme. classic rock, for the win.
- •ok. i need to stop because clearly i can go on & on...XOX! ♥️
- •ugh... how could i forget these?! 😐
- •The Smiths - Hatful of Hallowi *love* the Peel Session versions, especially Reel Around the Fountain. takes me back to junior year geometry class & passing notes about bands & shows with Brandon Aaron Michael Jolece Young. not his real name entirely, but what I called him as i have a penchant for nicknames 🤗
- •Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutiqueneeds no description... to know this is to obsessively play the crap out of it on repeat.
- •A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauradersunavoidable when hanging out with my skate rat friends. instant booty shaker, wherever you are.