Hard Truths From 'Into the Woods'
- •Though scary is exciting, NICE is different than GOOD.
- •But how do I know what I want till I get what I want and I see if I like it?
- •But then what if he knew who I am when I know that I'm not what he thinks that he wants?
- •Princes wait there in the world, it's true. Princes yes, but wolves and humans too. Stay at home.
- •And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between. And you're back again, only different from before.
- •If life were only moments, even now and then a bad one. But if life were only moments then you'd never know you had one.
- •Always in thrall most to anything...almost.
- •Must it always be either less Or more, either plain Or grand? Is it always Or, is it never And?
- •You're so nice. You're not good, you're not bad, you're just NICE. I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just RIGHT.
- •Running away, go to it. Why stick around resigned? Trouble is son, the farther you run, the more you feel un-defined by what you have left undone, and more what you left behind.
- •People make mistakes: fathers, mothers...holding to their own; thinking they're alone. Honor their mistakes, fight for their mistakes. Everybody makes one another's terrible mistakes.
- •Sometimes people leave you halfway through the woods.
- •Careful before you say "Listen to me."