Albums and What They Mean to Me
Certain songs and albums have the ability to transport you to another time. These are the people, places, and moments I visit when I hear these sounds. You may not remember, but I do. I'll never let myself forget.
- •Limbeck - Hi, Everything's GreatThis one is so good. And it has two. First- that one time I was with Monica and Alex because we were trying to find this record at Amoeba and when we got outside, her car had been towed and we had to take the Metro home. Second- I'm DD'ing for Mike, Merch, and Cindia going home from hanging out on a boat all day in Redondo Beach and we listen to this album TWICE at full blast singing at the top of our lungs. I loved every second of it.
- •Name Taken - Hold OnThis was more recent but now it will forever remind me of Katrina and driving home from Pomona to LA. Full blast, singing at the top of our lungs. The whole record is a banger. Those driving sing-alongs, man.
- •Paramore - All We Know Is Falling / Cartel - ChromaAnother driving one, but this time it's Justin Enriquez's old Honda Accord. Times were a lot simpler and the nights were much later. Windows down. Going anywhere and nowhere at the same time. Miss those days.
- •Pianos Become The Teeth - Keep YouEurope. Thanks to the Silver Snakes dudes for letting me meet them across the pond and tag along on their tour with these fine gentlemen. Super sweet guys with even sweeter music.
- •R Kelly - Trapped In The ClosetThis one makes no sense but that's what makes it better. We're in Vegas for an ice hockey tournament. Noel plays this on our way from the hotel to the rink for our first morning game. We won. And since we're superstitious idiots, we kept doing it and won every game. Hahaha
- •Real Estate - DaysWhen were both still residents of the 626, I always found myself at home at the Alva residence. Just to chill or kill time. Nothing overly special was happening. I think were just cooking brunch but Raquel put on their record once and the moment just always stuck. It just felt right, and at home.
- •With Honor - This Is Our RevengeThis record got a lot of play in the van when we used to tour for Dear Life. On those tough night drives, sometimes you need something with a little more kick to get you through. A quick enough pace and plenty of sing alongs to keep you from nodding off. I miss being in that van with my best friends. I love knowing we were able to do what we did. Not everyone is so lucky.
- •Saves the Day - Stay What You AreWe were at Riot Fest in Chicago and on this day it was raining. We finally found a spot anxiously awaiting Saves The Day's set. Everyone is drenched, feeling a little miserable. The band starts playing and the sky clears. It stops raining! Literally, saved the day. Yet as the band plays their final song, At Your Funeral, as soon as they hit that first chord and he's singing, "This song will become.."- it is POURING. And it was perfect. It felt like a movie.
- •Tycho - DiveFor a while it was the only album I had on my phone. Whenever I'd fly and had to have my phone on airplane mode, I'd listen to this. It reminds me of being on a plane and traveling somewhere. It also helped relax my mind to sleep better on flights. A great overall soundtrack for the jet set.