Albums I Wish Would Get Pressed Again
I got into vinyl collecting when it got popular again, but sadly after some of my favorites went out of print, I could list a bunch but let's just start here to test the waters.
- •AFI - Sing The SorrowThis album is still a fantastic listen from start to finish, from the creepy chanting that opens it into the bombastic Leaving Song Pt 2. This album left a blueprint for a style that would be copied over and over in the mid-aughts. It's shame the album is out of print and goes for absurd amounts on eBay.
- •Counting Crows - This Desert LifeCounting Crows really left a mark on me, sure everyone knows Mr. Jones and A Long December. To me though, they'll always be this album, the jangling stomp of Hangin Around, the stream of conscious Mrs. Potter's Lullaby, the mournful yearning of Wish I Was a Girl... Look I could go on about this album and Counting Crows, fact is this album is out of print on wax and that's a damn shame.
- •Every Time I Die - New Junk AestheticLet's be honest, when I was 19 I wanted music that screamed at me till my ears bled... This band did it. However this album of theirs had a slightly more melodic tinge to it. Really all the albums by this band need new pressings, but this is what I want most.
- •Thrice - The Artist In The AmbulanceI LOVE this album, that's nostalgia but also the fact that this album is a monster of a jam. Every song blasts out of the speakers with a meaning and great instrumentation. Sure there's some pressings that come out now and again but they tend to have issues with sound quality. I just want a nice quality remaster so I can crank Silhouette loudly and shake the walls down.
- •Queens of The Stone Age - Songs For The DeafTHIS album... This album is a perfect rock album front to back... In my opinion at least. Plus Dave Grohl behind the drums makes this album such a perfect album. The radio station interludes, the instrumentation, the lyrics... I just love this album and wish I could get it and not have to buy a bootleg.