The Best Advice I've Ever Received
- •If you have to choose, always go for simple and classic.-My mom. She was talking about fashion, but I've found it this statement to be a useful filter for most things in life.
- •Your life is not a math problem. It can't be "solved" like that, so stop trying.-My brother, who has always been a hell of a lot smarter than I am.
- •If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't fuck them.-John Waters, by way of a tote bag, a makeup case, and a t-shirt, all of which I received separately as gifts from friends who thought I could benefit from learning this lesson.
- •Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain.-Arthur Weasley.
- •Everything ends until something doesn't, and you'll always be the common denominator in the things that end for you. This is true for everyone. It's going to hurt until it doesn't. Don't be afraid to play through the pain.-Because apparently mixing love advice with sports metaphors actually does work sometimes.
- •That wine isn't going to drink itself.-This one might have been me.