Top 5 Beautiful South Songs
According to a Non-Brit. By no means definitive. And in no particular order. What's your Top 5?
- •Don't Marry HerA clever and joyful poem about temptation. The "clean" version even manages to retain its menace by changing "f••k me" to "have me."
- •Song For WhoeverA tune about the unintended after-effects of dating a writer.
- •Perfect 10The great lie perpetrated by men's and women's magazine laid bare
- •36DUltimately, attitude and confidence is what we find attractive in others, not sizing.
- •Loving ArmsA cover of an old Kris Kristofferson song. Jacqui Abbott's voice and the brass accompaniment is bliss. Generally speaking, the group made judicious and original use of cover material.