EXERCISES I WOULD LIKE TO TRY
The fitness industry is booming. With so many options to choose from, here are the ones that really grab my attention as fun, effective, and worthwhile classes to try. I am already a yogi, and I see nice complements in each of these to build on to a practice I already enjoy.
- •The Soteria MethodFeatured in the NYT, this is a self defense method designed specifically for women that teaches empowerment and self awareness. It redefines self defense as "creating, loving, and protecting a life you love." I can get behind that. Plus, the founder is a total badass. 👊🏼 http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/fashion/high-heels-self-defense.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share
- •PureBarre/Physique57I'm new to the Barre scene, but I love that it is designed to train you like a dancer. Just need to find classes nearby...
- •Classical BalletAs a not-so-great and shy dancer, I would love to try ballet and learn some graceful moves. Plus I'm into classical music and all things proper, so I'm ready.
- •Ballroom DanceAlways been interested. I love watching my grandparents dance and am transfixed by all those ballroom dance movies. Partner dance just looks so fun, you don't even realize you're exercising. First step: find a partner. Interested in Latin styles and swing, mostly 💃🏻
- •TennisI played in high school. Time to get back at it. A lifetime sport, and one where you do short sprints but it doesn't feel like torturous running. Plus I had a mean serve back in the day. 🎾