Albums We've Listened to While Writing Decent/good/great Stuff
You don't have to say what you wrote, but I wonder how many of us have albums which hold a special place in our hearts for getting us past/over/through a block... And might help someone else.
- •Celebrity Skin (Hole)Grad school paper I had to write in order to pass a class (Labor Law.) Turns out I coulda actually enjoyed that winter break, since I never finished the degree (fodder for another list perhaps), but I'm pretty proud of that paper.
- •August and Everything After (Counting Crows)A lot of undergraduate political science bullshitting
- •Before These Crowded Streets (DMB)Undergraduate thesis on school desegregation and the failures of forced busing in Florida.
- •Life After Deaf [collection] (Ryan Adams)Current screenplay that's kinda Thelma & Louise meets Sideways.
- •The Juliet Letters - Elvis Costello and the Brodsky QuartetObscure album that helped me power through the first 100 pages of my first novel. Lyrical and gorgeous, sometimes pretentious and silly.Suggested by @EricElkins
- •Aimee Mann - CharmerOkay or any of her albums. Wrote my e-novella exclusively listening to any and all music by her.Suggested by @erinmallorylong